What is Anti Spyware?
Anti Spyware is software installed on your computer that helps in the following ways:
- Reduces computer responsiveness to security threats
- Minimizes the effect on computer's slow performance
- Prevents advertisement pop-ups
- Redirects to the advertised sites
- Prevents theft of personal information
Selecting the most effective anti-spyware software is a crucial decision. The seven following points can guide in selecting anti-spyware software.
- Large database- The software should be comprehensive and it should cover the majority of potential infection signatures from different vendors.
- Automatic updates- Malicious codes are released daily so it's important for your anti-spyware to get updated automatically. This helps in protecting itself from being outdated and ineffective.
- Active protection- This feature stops the malicious code from installing in the first place. Effective anti spyware does not wait to trace the infected code but prefers to eliminate it when encountered.
- Customizable scans- The majority of anti spyware software allow the scanning of the windows directory, hard drives, active memory, cookies folder and windows registry. The user must have the flexibility to customize and schedule scanning.
- Unattended scans- All the employees are not equally skilled in handling technical stuff and it’s difficult for the IT staff to check each computer and update the anti spyware software. Standardized software is the best choice as it permits unattended administration and maintenance.
- Process monitoring- Although anti spyware gets updated regularly, some malicious codes are able to hide themselves from the task manager. The process monitoring features will enable IT support staff to track and eliminate such malicious codes.
- Reporting- The software must inform the user by giving detailed reports on complete downloads, scanning, and quarantine efforts.
If you are frequently connected to the Internet then installation of an effective anti spyware software is what you need!